Start: Monday 4th March 2024
The International Event on Marine Conservation Databases and Digital Transformation, led by SPA/RAC, in collaboration with AGIR, with the support from the Italian Ministry of Environment and Energy Security (MASE). This support is made available through the bilateral cooperation agreement established between UNEP/MAP and MASE.
The event will convene experts, researchers, professionals, and senior participants from the Mediterranean, EU regions, and across the globe. It will serve as a platform for delving into the most recent advancements in marine conservation databases, digital solutions, sharing best practices, and fostering international collaboration.
The key objectives are to:
- Foster collaboration among experts and professionals in the fields of marine biodiversity, fisheries, aquaculture, oceanographic data, pollution, and marine traffic.
- Showcase the latest advancements in data acquisition, processing, management, numerical modelling, and ICT technology for marine conservation.
- Address challenges, share best practices, and explore opportunities in the field.
- Provide a global forum for knowledge exchange and networking.
The event is a hybrid event and will take place over three days, from March 4th to March 6th, 2024, in Al Hoceima, Morocco, as well as online.
Topics will include:
- Marine Biodiversity and Conservation Databases
- Fisheries and Aquaculture Data Management
- Oceanographic Data and Digital Twins of the Ocean
- ICT Technology, Platforms, AI, and Machine Learning
There will also be a poster session at Al Hoceima MPA Observatory and a field trip to Al Hoceima MPA and Sea Exploration.
More information, agenda and registration details coming soon.