Start: Wednesday 4th May 2022
End: Thursday 5th May 2022
Location: London, UK
The UK Government will host an International Digital Twins of the Oceans Summit in London from 4th to 5th May 2022. The event will be held in person, with a virtual live stream Q&A for those who can not attend physically. Led by the Digital Twins of the Ocean (DITTO) programme of the UN Decade of Ocean Science for Sustainable Development and supported by the G7 Future of the Seas and Oceans Initiative, this summit will expand on the UK G7 Presidency 2021. The event will focus on a programme of virtual satellite events hosted by GEOMAR, Germany.
Users, providers/developers, and promoters of digital initiatives are encouraged to attend and contribute to this conference. This event will include high-level stakeholder information and technical/scientific sessions and will provide documents on national and institutional information.
Discussion points include:
- Understanding benefits and application advancements within the digital twin community.
- Addressing ocean sustainable development, potential applications, and policy decisions.
- Share knowledge, state of the art, and best practices.
- Document current and planned activities
- Establish community activities and promote the co-design of digital twins
- Provide recommendations to achieve a Digital Twin Framework of the Ocean by 2030.
You will be able to submit your questions online through #SliDO!
#OceanDecade #OceanObs #OceanPredict #DigitalOcean.